Meditation Resources – Novice Meditator
Congratulations on establishing a daily meditation practice!
These first steps were actually the hardest on the journey. Now that you've learned a basic meditation technique and are developing a daily meditation habit, we can begin with the fun stuff!
Here's an overview of what we will be doing:
- Learning a new walking meditation technique
- Reducing and eliminating mind-wandering, forgetting and gross distractions
- Lenghtening the duration of sits up to 40 minutes
- Reducing and eliminating falling asleep and strong dullness
- Learning"mindful review" to bring the benefits of meditation into daily life
The following resources will help you strenghten your practice until you have continuous attention to the meditation object.
Resources coming soon!
You will have reached the Skilled Meditator stage when:
- You meditate daily for at least 40 minutes
- You've learned and regularly practice walking meditation and mindful review
- You're confident in your ability to deal with gross distractions and strong dullness
- Most of your sits are characterized by continuous attention to the meditation object.